Shipping: Frequently Asked Questions
There will be longer lead times for our customer service, due to the increasing demand from this season. Many of our carriers also now have longer lead times because of the high volumes in their systems.
So, Where Can I Ship My Order?
Northerner can send your order to most US residences and some PO boxes (depending on your chosen shipping method) depending on local legislation on the sale of nicotine and tobacco products online. We cannot ship orders internationally or to US territories (apart from Armed Forces Locations).
We do not ship any orders to Arkansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Utah, or Vermont as the online sale of nicotine and tobacco products is forbidden in these U.S states.
Some other states have certain restrictions on orders.
- Massachusetts. Northerner can only send unflavored products. The local laws prohibit the sale of tobacco products with other flavours. If you order products with other flavors, the order will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- New York State and Rhode Island. Northerner can only send tobacco or mint flavoured tobacco products. The local laws in these states prohibit the sales of tobacco products with other flavours. If you order products with other flavors, the order will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
- Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington State, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. Northerner is not allowed to sell tobacco products to people in these states. However, you can still buy tobacco-free products (such as nicotine pouches).
Shipping to Armed Forces Locations
You can ship to an APO, DPO or FPO address. All military orders can only be shipped with UPS Surepost. To send an order to an APO, DPO or FPO address, at check out you should:
Under “State”, select your armed forces location (e.g. Armed Forces Americas).
Enter APO, DPO or FPO in the “City” field.
Do not include city or country names in APO, DPO or FPO shipping addresses. This prevents the mail from entering foreign mail networks.
Example of How the Shippment Address Should Look:
Army/Air Post Office (APO)
PFC JOHN DOE
PSC 3 BOX 4120
APO AE 09021
Fleet Post Office (FPO)
SEAMAN JOSEPH SMITH
UNIT 100100 BOX 4120
FPO AP 96691
Diplomatic Post Office (DPO)
UNIT 8400 BOX 0000
DPO AE 09498-0048
Is There a Minimum Amount I Can Order?
There is no minimum order quantity on Northerner.
Is There a Maximum Amount I Can Order?
In order to ensure the end consumer has been properly age-verified and products are not purchased for resale, there is a maximum order limit of 250 cans (units) of product per customer, per 30 days.
NOTE: “On!” brand products are limited to 50 cans per order.
How Long Will it Take to Get My Order?
The processing time is around 24-48 hours and our warehouse is operating Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). However, if you place your order late on a Friday, your order will be shipped the following Monday.
How long it will take to get your delivery after this will depend on the shipping method you choose.
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
Shipping costs are calculated based on where the order is being shipped to and the type of shipping you choose.
Orders over $45 qualify for free standard shipping (note: this does not include orders that contain tobacco products).
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
There are 4 types of shipping available (depending on which state you live in):
- UPS Ground*. Delivery in 1-5 working days from shipping (orders are not delivered on weekends or public holidays).
- UPS Second Day Air*. Delivery in 2 working days from shipping (orders are not delivered on weekends or public holidays).
- UPS Next Day Air*. Delivered 1 business day after shipping (orders are not delivered on weekends or public holidays).
- UPS Surepost. Delivery in 2-7 working days from shipping (orders are not delivered on weekends or public holidays). Orders are dispatched with UPS, but are sometimes transferred to USPS for the final delivery. The UPS tracking page will include a USPS tracking number so you can track when it is out for delivery.
*Please note: UPS only delivers to physical addresses, not to PO box, or APO/FPO addresses as they require an adult signature on delivery.
UPS will make 3 delivery attempts before returning the order to us. If you are not available on the delivery date, please contact our customer service team and they can help.
How Do I Track My Order?
Once your order is placed, you will get an email with a UPS tracking link. You can follow your order via this link.
If you chose UPS Surepost as your shipping method, you will get a UPS tracking link. However, if the final delivery will be completed by USPS, there will be a postal tracking number at the top of the UPS tracking page for when the order is transferred.
If you have any issues with your delivery, please contact our customer service team.