The policy sets out the different areas where user’s privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The information we collect is collected in accordance to Swedish Dataskyddsförordningen (GDPR).
You are entitled to request a registry extract from the personal data we process. You may also, without unnecessary delay, have your personal information corrected or, under certain conditions, limited or deleted. You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data at any time if the legal basis for the treatment is a public interest or interest balance. You are entitled to obtain the personal data to the person responsible and have the right to transfer this data to another person responsible for personal data, if technically possible and whether the legal basis for processing is consent or that processing was necessary for the performance of an agreement.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. If you place an order with us, we will require personal information from you to be able to process the order, which may include your name, email address, contact number, credit/debit card details, billing and delivery address.
We may also collect the following data from you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website. This can include information at the time of registering to use our website or subscribing to any service which we provide (for example, newsletter)
- We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and fulfillment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our website which may include traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and are widely used in order to either make websites, work more efficiently, let you navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests
By using Northerner.com, you agree to placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in future. If you want to deny the use and saving of cookies on your computer’s hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to block all cookies from Northerner.com and its external serving vendors.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
How will we use this information?
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and ensure that the information on Northerner.com is presented to you in the best way possible
- To improve our website – we continuously aim to improve our website by the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve our customer service – the information received from you help us to more
- Effectively respond to your support needs and customer serve requests
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails – the email address you provide us to process orders may be used to send you information and updates in relation to your order.
- To update you with our latest offers, products, news and promotions
How do we protect the information we receive from you?
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected by implementing a variety of security measures.
We offer secure ‘https’ encryption to all browsable parts of Northerner.com website
- Access to your data is password protected and sensitive data (such as credit or debit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Northerner webserver(s). Also, we don’t keep any details of your credit or debit card in our database(s) or elsewhere.
- We monitor our systems on a regular basis to minimize the threat of any attacks, as well as testing our systems on a regular basis to identify possible improvements.
- We will do our best to protect your personal data, but there are a number of things you can do to help.
- All system updates applied to Northerner.com, will prior to release be thoroughly tested in our development environment.
This includes keeping your account safe by creating a strong password that includes a combination of letters, numbers and symbols in both uppercase and lowercase.
How do we share the information we collect?
We do not sell, trade or transfer your personal information.
We work with many third parties (service providers) who are experts in their field and assist us in operating the website, conducting our business or servicing you. Each of these service providers have been selected by us for their ability to provide the services needed, including their ability to handle sensitive information including your personal information.
If requested, we will share your information to comply with any legal requests.
Third party links
On occasion, we may include links to external websites or offer third party products or services on our website and through email communication. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability on the content or activities of these linked websites.
Changes to this policy