How to Use Nicotine Pouches: Step-By-Step
While they are growing in popularity in the UK, how do you use nicotine pouches? Check out our full step by step guide on how to use nicotine pouches to learn how to get the most out of your nicotine pouches.
How to Use Nicotine Pouches in 4 Simple StepsReady to get started with nicotine pouches, here are the 4 steps you need to get started with your can of pouches.
Estimated Cost: 0 GBP
1. Open the Can of Nicotine PouchesYou may be wondering how to open snus cans or nicotine pouch cans: for the round cans, most will need you to run your nail around the seal to break it first. Once you have done that, you can open the nicotine pouch can by squeezing it gently with your thumb and forefinger on the sides of the can. Some cans may have different instructions, like On! nicotine pouch cans are opened slightly differently, so always check the label on the can for specific instructions on how to open unique snus cans.
2. Place the Nicotine Pouch Under Your LipOnce you have got the lid off your can of nicotine pouches, take a pouch out of the can and pop it in your mouth, between the upper lip and gums. These pouches park comfortably, which allows you to enjoy the flavour and nicotine without anyone really noticing. There is no real “proper placement” - just make sure you use them orally, and place then between either the upper lip and gum or lower lip and gum.
3. Enjoy the Pouch For Up to 60 MinutesNicotine pouches, especially if you are new to the product, can cause a mild tingling sensation. If you are new to nicotine pouches (even though you have used other nicotine products), we recommend you only leave the pouch in for a short amount of time (5-15 minutes) and choose a pouch with lower nicotine content. And as you get more accustomed to the pouches, you can enjoy them longer, for up to 30 minutes and adjust the nicotine strength you choose as required.
4. Remove the PouchOnce you are done enjoying your nicotine pouch, it is important to properly dispose of it. Most cans have a handy extra compartment on top of the lid, where you can store your used pouches when there isn’t a bin nearby. Since the materials used to create the majority of the actual pouches are not recyclable, it’s important that you do not throw the pouches on the ground or elsewhere. If you are looking to recycle the plastic can, make sure to remove any pouches before you add it to the recycling bin.
Choosing the Right Nicotine Pouch
One of the biggest choices that can impact your experience when learning how to use nicotine pouches properly is the product you choose. When choosing from the different range of nicotine pouches out there, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Nicotine Strength. How strong do you want your pouch to be? It is always better to start with a less intense nicotine strength and go up as needed, rather than the other way around!
- Flavour. When choosing a flavour, look at what options you have in your nicotine strength of choice, and choose a flavour similar to ones you know you like in other products (i.e. if you don’t like a cola flavoured product, maybe swerve the cola flavoured nicotine pouches).
- Brand. Each brand has different experiences, so keep this in mind when choosing a product. Consider trying a range of products from different brands when trying to find the right pouch in the beginning (a mixpack is a great way to do this at a good price!)
Understanding the Nicotine Strengths
When choosing between the different nicotine strengths, you should consider whether you are used to nicotine or not and how often you use nicotine products.
On Northerner we categorize strength in four different groups.
So, how strong are nicotine pouches? On Northerner, there are 4 categories of nicotine strength:
- - Less Intense (Up to 3mg per pouch)
- - Normal Strength (3-6mg of nicotine per pouch)
- - Strong (6-9mg of nicotine per pouch)
- - Extra Strong (9mg and over of nicotine per pouch)
How to Use Nicotine Pouches: Final Tips
When using tobacco-free snus, there are many tips and tricks to help you get by. Here are our top 3 final tips for using snus and nicotine pouches:
- 1. The product makes the experience: make sure you get proper products by choosing to buy from legitimate retailers such as Northerner. If you want to buy snus online, make sure to do your research before you add to cart!
- 2. Mind your manners: never spit or litter your nicotine pouches or snus. Spitting is rude and annoying to those around you, as is littering. Always dispose of the pouches responsibly in the lid of the can or in a bin if you have one handy.
- 3. Do not overdo it: make sure to monitor your usage and make sure to not overuse your pouches. Should you start to feel dizzy or nauseous while using nicotine pouches, you may have had too much nicotine and you should remove the pouch to take a break for a while.