What is VELO Snus? An Expert Guide to VELO
What is VELO?
In short, VELO snus is a brand of tobacco-free snus (also known as nicotine pouches or nicopods). The full range of VELO snus features:
- 9 different flavours
- 2 different pouch sizes (slim and mini)
- Semi Dry Pouches
- 6 different nicotine strength options (ranging from 4mg to 17mg per pouch).
But what are the different VELO flavours, strengths and pouch sizes you can choose from? Read on to learn more!
Currently in the VELO UK range, you can find 9 different flavours:
- VELO Freeze (a peppermint flavoured pouch)
- VELO Ice Cool (a minty chill with peppermint and menthol)
- VELO Polar Mint (a core note of spearmint with a slightly sweeter mint flavour)
- VELO Urban Vibe (an fruity energy drink flavour)
- VELO Ruby Berry (a strawberry and menthol flavoured pouch)
- VELO Royal Violet (a red grape VELO flavour)
- VELO Tropic Breeze (a tropical VELO flavour that combines mandarin, passionfruit and mango)
- VELO Citrus Mint (a lemon and peppermint flavour combination)
- VELO Watermelon Mint (a watermelon flavour with added peppermint)
In the VELO range, you can choose from 6 different nicotine strength options, these pouches contain between 4mg all the way up to 17mg of nicotine per pouch. The strengths are categorised as:
- Less Intense: 4mg of nicotine per pouch.
- Medium: 6mg of nicotine per pouch.
- Strong: 10mg of nicotine per pouch.
- Extra Strong: 11mg of nicotine per pouch.
- ULTRA: 14mg of nicotine per pouch
- MAX: 17mg of nicotine per pouch
Not all flavours are available in all the different nicotine strengths, so when choosing which VELO snus pouches to try you should probably consider which nicotine strength you want before you start choosing between the VELO flavours!
VELO Pouch Sizes
Like a lot of nicotine pouches, VELO snus contains tobacco-leaf free nicotine: this means the nicotine used in these pouches is extracted from the tobacco leaf, but does not contain any tobacco. However, the full list of VELO ingredients includes:
- Flavourings (which flavourings are used will vary depending on which flavour you choose)
- Plant-based materials
How To Use VELO
The central can is where the nicotine pouches are stored when they have not yet been used, whereas the under lid storage in the top of the can is where you can put used VELO snus if you don’t have a bin nearby.
How to Open VELO
All VELO nicotine pouches come in a circular plastic container, known as a can. No matter if you choose VELO mini or slim pouches, they both open the same way - just the VELO mini cans are smaller in dimensions. VELO cans have a childproof lid which means it requires some effort to get it open and once you know how to open VELO cans, it will be super simple to do!. Follow these two steps if you are wondering how to open a VELO box.
- Break the seal around the edge of the can. Look for a slight gap or a perforated edge around the middle of the can and break it using your nails or even your fingers if you can while twisting the can around.
- Using one hand, gently press just below the gap and with your other hand, pull the lid up. You can gently twist the VELO can as you pull if it requires a bit more force.
How to Use VELO Nicotine Pouches Step-By-Step Guide
Now for the main event - using VELO nicotine pouches! Once the can is opened, you can start using your VELO pouches! If you have used other nicotine pouches, the steps for using VELO are very similar. Just like other nicotine pouches, VELO pouches are placed between the lip and gum, where the nicotine gets absorbed into your bloodstream via the mucous membranes in the lining of your mouth.
It is important that you learn how to use VELO and other nicotine pouches properly, so here is a step-by-step guide to follow:
- Take one of the VELO pouches out of the can.
- Place it between your gum and upper lip.
- Leave it in place. You will most likely feel a slight tingling sensation when you park the pouch, but this usually subsides after around 15 minutes. If you are new to VELO snus, we recommend keeping your pouch in for a shorter
- time, about 5-15 minutes. If you use VELO snus more regularly, you can enjoy it for up to 30 minutes.
- Take it out and dispose of it in either the storage compartment in the lid or in a bin.
Once you have used your VELO pouches, it is important to make sure you dispose of the can and used pouches correctly. Since the materials used to create the pouches themselves are not recyclable, it’s important that you do not throw the pouches in anywhere other than a regular bin. However, VELO cans are recyclable in most places in the UK via the plastic waste. However, you can always check with your local authority if you´re unsure what is recycled in your area and if your local area can recycle your old VELO can.
If you can recycle your VELO cans - make sure to remove all the old pouches before putting them in the recycling!
VELO Expert Review
Considering trying VELO but not sure where to start with the VELO snus range? Why not try one of the top pouches! Our Northerner snus expert, Jan, reviewed the top 3 best selling VELO pouches on Northerner:
- VELO Freeze
- VELO Polar Mint
- VELO Ice Cool
“The VELO Freeze range offers 3 different pouch strength options, but my favourite is the VELO Freeze X-Strong. VELO Freeze X-Strong provides a wonderfully strong peppermint aroma when you open the can. These pouches offer a welcome difference to the usual sweet mints, but be warned - you may feel a slight sting at first as peppermint and other strong mints can add to the sensation you feel from a pouch. Once you get past the initial intensity, the softness of the pouch material makes them comfortable to use. I found the flavour is released fairly consistently for around 40 minutes. These pouches are one to consider if you are an experienced pouch user who likes an extra strong pouch - as the VELO Freeze range has nicotine strengths from 11mg up to 17mg per pouch!”
VELO Polar Mint
“I always like to keep a can of VELO Polar Mint Mini on hand - they come in both mini and slim portions. Sweet and smooth, these pouches bring a subtle minty flavour with a core note of spearmint. You'll get about 45 minutes of flavour release, with a gentle chill from the mint. The VELO Polar Mint pouches come in a couple of different nicotine strength options that are lower compared to some of the other more popular VELO mint varieties, making them a popular choice for those who want a sweeter spearmint taste with a lower amount of nicotine per pouch.”
VELO Ice Cool
“The VELO Ice Cool Strong pouches are definitely my favourites out of all the VELO snus range! With its perfectly balanced peppermint and menthol flavour, it fits right in between your upper lip and gum without anyone noticing. As you start using it, the cooling sensation will hit you, however, after that you'll be able to taste the sweetness of the peppermint combined with the cooling menthol. This product gives a full mint hit that lasts for around 40 minutes, just like VELO Freeze, but this one has a less sharp taste and a sweeter flavour - which makes it a winner for me.”